Sunday, February 21, 2010

It Was Like A Scene From House MD











I was told I would be clinically dead for several hours while they operated on my heart. I was willing to die for a few hours if it would give me back my life. Dr. Avenilo Aventura said I would be induced to a deep hypothermia.








I thought of my 3 year old daughter at home and my beloved son whom I have not seen. I looked at my friends and whispered a prayer. God has been good. Dr Aventura with the kindness of his heart supported me all the way with the rest of the doctors.








Here is the story as told by Dr. Aventura from the Jan - Feb 2010 issue of the Medical Observer.

I was the first Asian patient to survive such and operation.

3 comments:

  1. And by the grace of God, love from friends, inspiration from children, and your faith... You survived.

    We will pray for you. Do not quit fighting this good fight. Keep the faith.

    Tambien, escribi algo en mi blog sobre tu. Te amo, Mabel.

    *besitos*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Sam! You guys gave me a reason to fight this and I will not allow this disease to take the best of me. Help me spread my blog. I am joining paypal soon and I will add a button so I could accept help online - internationally. Please continue to pray for me. I am going through this battles armed by the love of friends and by the grace of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely!

    PayPal! That's a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete